AAPT has many resources available to help teachers and students of physics, astronomy, and physical science. Such as:
Education Workshop Series in Partnership with Physics Today - Exploring the Upcoming Solar Eclipse: Inspiring investigations that go beyond the usual classroom activities.
Education Workshop Series #2 in Partnership with Physics Today - Integrating Customizable e-Texts into your Classroom.
Careers and Education
- Read the latest articles in Physics Today.
Physics Today’s Annual Careers Issue
- Career advancement advice, analysis of industry trends and helpful insights from real physicists across all sectors.
How to Become a Successful Physicist
- Learn how to become a good physicist and how to train aspiring physicists.
Professional societies and you
- Take advantage of the member benefits and also volunteer for leadership positions, joining a society can help advance your career.
Stepping off the tenure track
- Pursuing a professorship doesn't have to be the default career choice. Learn how to decide if staying in academia is right for you.
When (and when not) to volunteer at work
- Evaluate extracurricular opportunities and make an informed decision about whether to accept or not.
A Whole New World: Preparing for Life After Academia
- Evaluate your personal values, skills, abilities, and knowledge to understand what sort of career will fulfill you professionally.
If You Lead, Will They Follow? Leadership Skills: A Critical Tool for Career Success
- Learn about various aspects of leadership, how they affect your career, and how to develop your own leadership skills.
Virtual Networking Webinar
- Reveal your ability to network virtually amid the COVID-19 crisis.
Going Virtual: The Interview and Job Talk
- Dive into leveraging virtual platforms to execute an interviewing plan that will help you land that dream job.
Career Planning in a Crisis: How to Move Your Career Forward
- Learn how to build and execute a strong, customized crisis management plan for your career.
Additional Career Resources provided by the American Institute of Physics
Society of Physics Students
- A professional association explicitly designed for students and their advisers.
- Students guide to finding the right graduate school path or program for success.
- A collective action initiative designed to drive systemic change in the physical sciences community and increase successful outcomes for Black and African American students pursuing physics and astronomy undergraduate degrees. Learn more about student scholarships, departmental funding opportunities and ways you can support the initiative.
- Helping researchers advance their research and careers.
Statistical Research Center
- Your source for data on education, careers, and diversity in physics, astronomy and other physical sciences.