Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 27 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Loading... Please wait.
- PhD in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in laser technology and optics.
- Experience in optical system design and building complex optical layouts.
- Experience with various laser (CW, ns, ps, and fs) systems.
- Experience with laser material processing techniques (i.e., environment-controlled laser processing), laser beam propagation or with laser material characterization methods (i.e., time-resolved PL, pump probe).
- Ability to perform as an innovative experimentalist with a broad range of experience in experimental design, techniques, execution, and analysis.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Initiative and interpersonal skills including the ability to work both as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team, as well as the ability to produce independent, original work.
- Ability to think broadly and devise innovative solutions to problems to accomplish research objectives.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in using class 4 lasers, optics layout, and engineering.
- Experience in wavelength, time, and spatial multiplexing schemes.
- Experience with computer software for instrumentation design and control.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.