Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 23 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in chemistry, materials science, engineering, mathematics, physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas areas: Computational multiscale modeling, energetic materials, molecular dynamics, multi-physics, hydrodynamics, non-equilibrium statistical physics, highly dynamic high-pressure physics, optimization, machine learning, or computational inverse problems.
- Proven track record as an innovative computational scientist with experience in dynamic materials phenomena or optimization techniques.
- An accomplished record of conceiving and executing pioneering multidisciplinary projects.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative multidisciplinary research environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working with or implementing world-class computational physics and hydrodynamic codes.
- Knowledge in fluid dynamics and condensed matter physics.
- Demonstration of mentorship of young scientists.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.