Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 25 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- B.S. in radiochemistry, analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Broad experience in purification of trace metals or radionuclides from complex matrices for nuclear data or environmental measurements.
- Broad experience in use of nuclear decay counting detectors and/or other instruments and methods for quantitative analysis of inorganic analytes.
- Broad experience maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment.
- Broad experience performing quality evaluation of analytical data.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work in a collaborative research environment.
- Broad experience working with radioactivity (>1 nCi).
Qualifications We Desire:
- Experience preparing ultra-high purity samples in methods typical of clean room work.
- Experience with accelerator or nuclear reactor production and isolation of radionuclides
- M.S. in radiochemistry, analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to coordinate complex tasks by interacting independently with professionals in the execution of responsibilities.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.