Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 48 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) at the University of Rochester
Rochester, New York
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- PhD in physics, engineering, or a related field or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Demonstrated record of completing outstanding research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
- Experience with computer-based design and analysis of experiments.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new fields of physics; a record of creativity, physical insight, and breadth of understanding in applications of complex physical processes.
- Experience in using advanced computational facilities for applied physics analysis and conducting applied physics research.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary to author technical and scientific reports, publications, invited papers, and to deliver scientific presentations.
- Experience working effectively independently and in a multidisciplinary, team-research environment.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in addressing challenging problems.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to promote and value inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability principles in the workplace.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of physics, engineering, or a related field.
- Significant experience and ability to lead independent work conducting applied physics research.
- Demonstrated record of leading top quality research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.