Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 57 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) at the University of Rochester
Rochester, New York
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Master's degree in physics, engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience conducting applied physics research.
- Demonstrated record of completing outstanding research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
- Significant experience with advanced computer-based design and analysis of experiments.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new fields of physics; a record of creativity, physical insight, and breadth of understanding in advanced applications of complex physical processes.
- Significant experience in using advanced computational facilities for applied physics analysis.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary to author advanced technical and scientific reports, publications, invited papers, and to deliver scientific presentations.
- Significant experience working effectively independently and in a multidisciplinary, team-research environment. Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in addressing challenging problems.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to promote and value inclusion, diversity, equity and accountability principles in the workplace.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 Level
- Substantial experience presenting and disseminate highly advanced research results at scientific conferences and peer-reviewed publications, in open and classified environments, internal and external to LLNL. Substantial experience communicating results of work with external sponsors.
- Substantial experience developing innovative methods to expand knowledge of interrelated fields of highly advanced physics important to weapons assessment and certification.
- Substantial experience setting specific strategies and/or directing multi-disciplinary teams to achieve program goals.
Qualifications We Desire
- Demonstrated subject matter expert knowledgeable of highly advanced concepts to include experience and ability to lead independent work conducting applied physics research in one or more of the following fields: plasma physics, radiation transport, atomic physics, nuclear physics, and hydrodynamics.
- Significant experience with highly advanced computer-based design and analysis of highly complex experiments.
- Extensive experience at the expert level in the development of principles, theories, concepts, and techniques relevant to applied physics research.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.