Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 126 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) at the University of Rochester
Rochester, New York
The College of Wooster
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Princess Anne, Maryland
Loading... Please wait.
- PhD in atmospheric science, meteorology, engineering, or similar field.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: numerical simulation methods for atmosphere, land-surface, and urban areas; physical process modeling of land surface and urban energy exchange, advanced scientific programming in C++
- Demonstrated ability to develop independent research pathways as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Demonstrated initiative and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with multiscale or urban scale atmospheric modeling
- Experience with canopy models used in atmospheric simulations
- Experience with numerical methods for complex terrain, such as embedded or immersed boundaries
- Experience with adaptive mesh refinement
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.