Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 134 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
AppState Physics and Astronomy Department
Boone , North Carolina
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) at the University of Rochester
Rochester, New York
The College of Wooster
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Princess Anne, Maryland
Loading... Please wait.
- PhD in Plasma Physics or related discipline.
- Experience developing theoretical and computational models of physical systems involving plasmas and/or fluid dynamics.
- Experience implementing and applying computational models to such physical systems and analyzing and interpreting the results of the models.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
Qualifications We Desire
- Programming proficiency in C++, Fortran, Python and/or other scripting languages.
- Experience working with high-performance computing and/or GPU-based programming.
- Familiarity with standard coding practices (e.g., Git, CI, Unit testing).
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.