Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 126 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) at the University of Rochester
Rochester, New York
The College of Wooster
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Princess Anne, Maryland
Loading... Please wait.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Experience in developing bioinformatics infrastructure for genomics, metagenomics analysis
- Ability to develop and apply novel analytical techniques for multiomic data integration
- Broad experience in developing software with Python, R, or C++
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more of the following: scientific data analysis, statistical analysis, data management technologies, data visualization- Experience improving software infrastructure for multiomics, such as automating pipelines on HPC or building databases
- Ability to complete independent research projects, as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to present technical information and effectively collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in metagenomic data analysis and microbiome analytical tools, including software platforms for analysis shotgun and targeted metagenomic data
- Familiarity with current bioinformatics tools for sequence pre-processing, alignment, and genomic feature or functional identification.
- Experience with multiomic datasets including proteomics, metabolomics, epigenetics and transcriptomics
- Experience in AI/ML methods for biological data analysis
- Broad experience with data analysis algorithms, data management approaches, relational databases, or machine learning algorithms
- Experience in multiomics and molecular simulations or statistical modeling of experimental data in molecular biology
- Publication record demonstrating research in computational biology
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.