Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 126 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) at the University of Rochester
Rochester, New York
The College of Wooster
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Princess Anne, Maryland
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in plasma, atomic and/or astro-physics, or related field.
- Experience developing and fielding X-ray plasma spectroscopy experiments at medium-to-large size HED facilities (such as Omega, Z or NIF), including spectrometer and target configuration, analysis of data, and application of results to constrain theoretical models used in HED physics and/or astrophysics.
- Experience working both on research teams with individuals from diverse technical backgrounds, and also as an independent researcher with a high level of attention to detail to find innovative solutions to specific research problems.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, author technical and scientific reports and publications and deliver scientific presentations.
Qualifications We Desire
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel diagnostic and experimental techniques in high-energy-density plasma science.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative data analysis methods to better understand X-ray spectra measured using crystal or grating spectrometers with film, image plate, framing camera and/or hybrid complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (hCMOS) detectors.
- Documented publication record in peer-reviewed literature.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.