Boone , North Carolina
Rochester, New York
Princess Anne, Maryland
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Science, Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Substantial experience in designing and conducting experimental tests, documenting results of experimental tests, and writing safety notes.
- Substantial experience managing, leading, and supervising large multidisciplinary projects and teams for external programmatic sponsors to meet deliverables.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively present, explain, and advise senior management and external sponsors and customers, including preparing and presenting proposals and reporting results.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and collaborate with other personnel effectively in achieving project objectives.
- Significant experience initiating and leading scientific and technical research projects and teams and securing competitive funding for scientific research in the form of research grants or sponsored research projects.
- Substantial experience working in a classified environment with highly complex, multi-agency security requirements and with both classified and unclassified subject matter.
Additional qualifications at the SEL.5 level
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Physical Science, Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive expertise in designing and conducting experimental tests, documenting results of experimental tests, and writing safety notes.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of advancements that have impact beyond the Laboratory.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience managing a portfolio of several projects funded by different sponsors, and significant experience simultaneously managing and leading several projects.
- Ability and willingness to study and learn new advances in specific topics, expand personal expertise, and apply increased understanding to propose new lines of investigations.
- Experience in software development as shown by open-source projects, scientific collaboration contributions, or an employment background that includes software engineering roles or responsibilities.
- Significant experience working on a research team with individuals from diverse technical backgrounds, as well as an ability to function as an independent researcher with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working in the U.S. national security community.