Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 127 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) at the University of Rochester
Rochester, New York
The College of Wooster
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Princess Anne, Maryland
Loading... Please wait.
- PhD in Physics or a closely related discipline.
- Experience in the development of fluid, Gyro-Landau Fluid, and/or kinetic plasma modeling codes.
- Expertise in applying such codes, along with advanced plasma theory, to magnetic fusion plasmas, establishing connection with experiments
- Ability to develop independent research projects, as demonstrated by a track record of publishing peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, effectively enabling collaboration in team environments and the ability to present and articulate technical information clearly.
- Initiative and excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as C++, MPI, Python, OpenMP, CUDA, RAJA, Kokkos, SYCL, and/or other scripting languages.
- Deep knowledge on plasma edge physics, turbulence and transport theory, Gyro-Landau-Fluid models, large scale MHD simulations, as well as moment-based neutral and impurity models.
- Familiarity with advanced numerical methods for discretization, efficient code-coupling techniques for multi-physics, and/or preconditioners for implicit methods.
- Expertise in machine learning techniques and demonstrate the ability to implement them effectively for large-scale and multi-physics plasma simulations
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.