London ON, Canada
Moses Lake, Washington
Pleasant Hill, California
United States - Nationwide
Troy, New York
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Master's degree in physics, engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience conducting applied physics research.
- Demonstrated record of completing outstanding research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
- Significant experience with advanced computer-based design and analysis of experiments.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new fields of physics; a record of creativity, physical insight, and breadth of understanding in advanced applications of complex physical processes.
- Significant experience in using advanced computational facilities for applied physics analysis.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary to author advanced technical and scientific reports, publications, invited papers, and to deliver scientific presentations.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
- Significant experience working effectively independently and in a multidisciplinary, team-research environment. Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in addressing challenging problems.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 Level
- Substantial experience presenting and disseminate highly advanced research results at scientific conferences and peer-reviewed publications, in open and classified environments, internal and external to LLNL. Substantial experience communicating results of work with external sponsors.
- Substantial experience developing innovative methods to expand knowledge of interrelated fields of highly advanced physics important to weapons assessment and certification.
- Substantial experience setting specific strategies and/or directing multi-disciplinary teams to achieve program goals.