London ON, Canada
Moses Lake, Washington
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
University Park, Pennsylvania
Notre Dame, Indiana
Newton, New Jersey
Pleasant Hill, California
United States - Nationwide
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Master's Degree or PhD in physics, engineering, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of a specific area of science applicable to hydrodynamic testing.
- Experience performing hands-on experimental science in bench top and/or test facility environments and familiarity with experimentation requiring formal conduct of operations.
- Experience managing medium-size or larger technical projects.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in addressing challenging problems, and innovative skills to identify/develop creative solutions.
- Experience working effectively in independent and in a multi-disciplinary, team-based-research environment to achieve multi-year goals.
- Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence necessary to work effectively with a wide range of personalities in both one-on-one and team environments.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to explain, negotiate and advise on experimental design including proficiency in standard office computing software.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
In addition, at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of physics, engineering, mathematics, mechanical, aerospace or nuclear engineering or a related field.
- Significant experience and demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated record of completing and/or leading top-quality research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working around explosives and/or other high hazard materials or effects.
- Experience using computer aided design tools
- Experience managing other personnel in a team environment
- Experience diagnosing very fast transient phenomena
- Experience modeling transmission and effects of ionizing radiation.
- Experience with any of the following topics: dynamic radiography, high speed photography, Photonic Doppler Velocimetry, radiometry, pulsed power (flash lamps, fire sets), system generated EMP, grounding and shielding.
- Experience with scientific data analysis in mainstream programming languages or tools such as C++, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Knowledge of the Strategic Deterrence weapons program and/or explosive hydrodynamic experimentation