London ON, Canada
Moses Lake, Washington
University Park, Pennsylvania
Notre Dame, Indiana
Newton, New Jersey
Pleasant Hill, California
Troy, New York
- Ph.D. in Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Broad experience with materials characterization techniques, including scanning/transmission electron microscopy (SEM, TEM) techniques (backscatter imaging, electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD), energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), in situ testing and analysis.
- Experience with mechanical testing.
- Experience preparing samples for metallographic characterization, including sectioning, cutting, grinding, mechanical polishing, and electrochemical etching or polishing.
- Experience analyzing defects and microstructures in additively manufactured metals.
- Ability as an innovative experimentalist with a broad range of experience in experimental design, techniques, and execution.
- Initiative and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff, with the ability to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary research teams.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated capabilities in delivering presentations and preparing written reports.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with metals processing, including the operation of metal additive manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in computer programming for data analysis (e.g., Python, Matlab).