London ON, Canada
Moses Lake, Washington
University Park, Pennsylvania
Notre Dame, Indiana
Newton, New Jersey
Pleasant Hill, California
Troy, New York
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Nuclear Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in the application of computational chemistry to model structures and properties of molecules, collections of molecules, and solids.
- Significant experience with atomistic simulation codes, data acquisition, and data analysis techniques.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with computational chemistry of actinides.
- Laboratory experience including chemical and material processing and analysis.
- Experience with chemical process modeling tools such as Aspen Plus.