Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 101 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Mississippi State University, Department of Physics and Astronomy
MS State, Mississippi
Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q/SCI-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Computational Sciences, related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant professional experience.
- Ability to develop complex computer codes.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in developing computational models and simulations.
- Experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and/or data analytics.
- Significant experience authoring technical and scientific reports, publications and delivering scientific presentations.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management and external sponsors.
- Ability to travel off-site for sponsor and collaborator interaction.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with adaptive computation environments and/or high-performance computing.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with the scientific and technological issues associated with national security in one or more of the following areas: nuclear fuel cycle, advanced technology/process model development, isotope production, data analytics, fluid flow, industrial chemical facilities, foreign weapon programs, or related emerging technologies.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.