Daytona Beach, Florida
Ithaca, New York
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, or a related technical field or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Significant knowledge of inertial confinement fusion physics, design, and engineering.
- Demonstrated track record of teaming and partnering effectively to build, lead, and motivate cross-disciplinary and cross-laboratory teams to work toward programmatic and institutional goals.
- Experience managing and leading a technical portfolio, supporting large-scale projects led by others, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving, analytical, technical, organizational, and management skills, necessary to independently advise, recommend, and approve appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively explain, present, and advise senior management, external stakeholders, and staff.
- Demonstrated experience implementing plans that promote and value diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
- Ability to obtain and maintain authorization as a Derivative Classifier with knowledge of ICF.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with laser-based (NIF and OMEGA) and pulsed-power (Z-facility) ICF facilities.
- Familiarity with WCI, and the LLNL weapons physics program.
- Experience in strategic planning, and experience in decision-making to achieve overall objectives and long-range goals.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering on objectives.