Ithaca, New York
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in chemistry, materials science, engineering, mathematics, physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas areas: Computational multiscale modeling, energetic materials, molecular dynamics, multi-physics, hydrodynamics, non-equilibrium statistical physics, highly dynamic high-pressure physics, optimization, machine learning, or computational inverse problems.
- Proven track record as an innovative computational scientist with experience in dynamic materials phenomena or optimization techniques.
- An accomplished record of conceiving and executing pioneering multidisciplinary projects.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative multidisciplinary research environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working with or implementing world-class computational physics and hydrodynamic codes.
- Knowledge in fluid dynamics and condensed matter physics.
- Demonstration of mentorship of young scientists.