Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 68 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
University of Nevada, Reno
University of Pikeville
Kent State University
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- PhD in Hydrodynamics, Shock Physics, Condensed Matter or related field or discipline, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Significant experience and advanced knowledge independently designing, executing, and analyzing complex experiments in the areas of shock physics, equations of state, constitutive material properties, or hydrodynamics.
- Significant experience and advanced knowledge developing analysis methods supporting hydrodynamic wave profile experiments.
- Experience with dynamic velocimetry or imaging techniques.
- Advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions.
- Experience working independently, as well as in a team, with minimal direction.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Highly advanced knowledge and subject matter expertise in shock physics, material behavior at high pressure and high energy density,
- Substantial experience leading interdisciplinary teams, especially those developing new experimental and analytical platforms or diagnostics for dynamic studies
- Substantial experience developing and using hydrodynamic simulations to design and interpret high pressure science experiments
- Significant experience developing and leading new research projects
- Expert ability to interact with program leads and sponsors as trusted Subject Matter Expert and key contributor
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing experiments on dynamic compression platforms, especially at major facilities
- Experience with pyrometry, x-ray and optical imaging, and related techniques.
- Experience handling hazardous materials and designing experiments around constraints therein.
- Experience with heterogenous materials
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.