Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 108 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
North Carolina A&T State University
Greensboro, North Carolina
Naval Research Laboratory, Division of Plasma Physics
Stevens Institute of Technology
Hoboken, New Jersey
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering or Environmental Technology (or equivalent combination of education and experience) with some related experience.
- Basic understanding of chemistry and materials science with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience working with an experimental team and working effectively under conflicting and rigorous deadlines with general supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct chemistry support activities with a broad range of experience in experimental support, techniques, and execution including knowledge of safety rules and procedures.
- Handling and knowledge of chemicals in laboratory settings.
- Willingness to work with explosives, which requires the ability to deal with hazards inherent in explosives research in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Developed organizational and interpersonal skills to work with experimental teams with members from all disciplines. Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting programmatic deadlines and to work in a collaborative research and development environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to present results verbally and through written reports.
In Addition, at the 504.3 Level
- Associate degree in chemistry, materials science, engineering or environmental technology or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Basic understanding of chemistry, material science, and engineering with advanced specialized technical expertise in one or a few areas.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with explosive formulations, including grinding, sieving, mixing, and formulation and pressing of plastic bonded explosives.
- Knowledge of LLNL programs in energetic materials or LLNL ES&H rules and regulations.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.