Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 189 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
North Carolina A&T State University
Greensboro, North Carolina
Stevens Institute of Technology
Hoboken, New Jersey
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with process control systems and process automation practices, particularly chemical plant control philosophy and familiarity with SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems) and SILs (Safety Integrity Levels).
- Broad experience in scaling up chemical synthesis processes from lab scale to pilot scale or production scale with an emphasis in thermal safety.
- Experience with chemical engineering unit operations, batch process, and solids handling.
- Experience with change management and document control.
- Strong safety attitude and solid understanding of safe work practices.
- Proficient interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports.
In Addition, at the SES.3 Level
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Advanced knowledge in scaling up chemical synthesis processes.
- Significant experience working independently and ability to provide technical leadership to guide projects to completion.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with synthesis and scale up of energetic materials and handling and processing energetic materials.
- Chemical process experience in petrochemicals or pharmaceuticals, preferably in a pilot plant or the equivalent setting.
- Experience with Wonderware.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.