East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Hartsville, South Carolina
Greensboro, North Carolina
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- BS degree in analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, materials science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience operating and maintaining XPS, other surface analytical, or X-ray analysis instruments.
- Experience in data analysis, including peak fitting and/or assignment.
- Familiarity with complementary analytical methods, such as electron microscopy, scanning probe techniques, Auger spectroscopy, SIMS, or vibrational spectroscopies.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills relaying technical information
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff
Additional Qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- PhD in analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, materials science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience successfully managing multidisciplinary projects, with proven success delivering expert level, high-quality technical products.
- Significant experience documenting and publishing research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals.
- Advanced verbal and written communication, with interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with a diverse set of program managers, stakeholders, scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff.
Qualifications we desire
- Prior experience working on DOE and/or DOD projects.
- Experience with ultrahigh vacuum system design, assembly, and maintenance.
- Experience with near-ambient pressure XPS, or in situ liquid/gas cells for soft X-ray analysis.