Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 1 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Loading... Please wait.
- BS degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Fundamental knowledge of sterile techniques, culturing and maintenance of microbiological and tissue cultures, and media preparation
- Fundamental knowledge of molecular biology techniques (e.g., ELISA, microscopy, protein purification, SDS PAGE, BLI)
- Proficient with common Microsoft Office applications and other scientific software
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly, apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment, and gain proficiency to work independently to meet established guidelines
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment both independently and as a team with a diverse set of scientists, and other technical and administrative staff
- Effective problem-solving skills to implement solutions of limited complexity.
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level:
- MS degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or related filed, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Substantial experience in molecular biology techniques (e.g., ELISA, microscopy, protein purification, SDS PAGE, BLI)
- Substantial experience in culture and maintenance of microbiological and tissue cultures
Qualifications we desire
- Working knowledge of protein purification and characterization techniques and experience with sample preparation and processing
- Academic and/or industry laboratory research experience
- Knowledge of applied biostatistics and proficient with statistical software (e.g., GraphPad Prism or R) and experience in fluorescence microscopy, automation, or other high-throughput instrumentation.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.