Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 94 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
University of Tennessee
Western Michigan University
Featured! Featured! NEW! NEW!
The University of Pittsburgh
Emory University Physics Department
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ph.D. in theoretical physics or related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Understanding of theoretical physics and analytic methods of mathematical physics; knowledge of computational techniques (e.g. Bill Press' Numerical recipes).
- Familiarity with radiation and neutron transport.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature
- Documented publication record in peer-reviewed literature with experience presenting research results to a large audience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to author technical and scientific reports and publications and deliver scientific presentations.
- Initiative and interpersonal skills with desire and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Significant experience managing projects and teams.
- Significant experience collaborating across research (university or national laboratory) and commercial (industry) institutions.
- Significant experience effectively managing concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with radiation measurement instruments, systems, and analysis.
- Understanding of the principles of radiation detection and signal processing.
- Ability to coordinate complex tasks by interacting independently with other team members in the execution of the mission.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.