Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 52 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Google Quantum AI
Los Angeles or Goleta, California
University of Nebraska at Kearney
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in physics, mathematics, engineering, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated technical mastery in one or more science disciplines, such as shock hydrodynamics, fluid mechanics, material behavior, particle transport, radiation transport, plasma physics or chemical processes.
- Experience converting theory into models, implementing models, and evaluating algorithms and methods for their fitness for a particular task, as well as developing new numerical algorithms.
- Experience developing and supporting multi-dimensional numerical simulation.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in approaching challenging technical problems.
- Experience with programming in Python, FORTRAN, C and/or C++ on high-performance and/or heterogenous computer systems.
- Experience working independently and in a multi-disciplinary team-research environment, demonstrating self-motivation and initiative in addressing challenging problems.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary to author technical and scientific reports, publications, invited papers, and to deliver scientific presentations.
Addition qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of physics, mathematics, aerospace or nuclear engineering or a related field.
- Significant experience leading or mentoring as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated record of delivering top-quality research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.