Los Angeles or Goleta, California
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Notre Dame, Indiana
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ph.D. in nuclear engineering, materials science, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience operating and maintaining high-voltage accelerators and related instrumentation (e.g., ion sources).
- Significant experience writing proposals and executing projects as a Principal Investigator.
- Ability to perform independent research, find innovative solutions, and produce significant accomplishments toward complex scientific and technical problems.
- Significant experience working in a research team with individuals from diverse technical backgrounds.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, author technical and scientific reports and publications and deliver scientific presentations.
- Documented publication record in peer-reviewed literature and /or experience presenting research results to a large audience.
Qualifications we desire
- Experience with materials characterization techniques particularly those that can be performed in-situ during ion beam irradiation.
- Familiarity with computer models related to ion beams (e.g., charged particle optics, ion energy loss and range, etc.).