Los Angeles or Goleta, California
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
- Ability to secure and maintain DOE Q-level and SCI security clearances, which require U.S. Citizenship.
- AA/AS degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience working with hazardous materials.
- Elementary understanding of electrical, high vacuum, and pressure systems.
- Machining experience, including common machine and hand tools.
- Computer skills, including abilities in a variety of standard software programs. (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams).
- Basic understanding of technologies, processes, and laboratory equipment and systems for Materials Science Division research capabilities.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment with scientific and technical personnel.
Qualifications at the 504.3 Level
- Experience using respiratory protection and familiarity with radioactive waste (LLW, TRU).
- Experience in writing or maintaining Work Planning and Control (e.g., standard operating procedures) documents.
- Basic understanding and experience with computer aided designed (CAD) software (e.g., Solidworks, AutoCAD).
Qualifications we desire
- Experience in the maintenance and installation of a diverse range of laboratory equipment and systems.
- Experience in the decontamination and decommissioning of laboratory equipment.