Rochester, New York
Los Angeles or Goleta, California
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Notre Dame, Indiana
- PhD in Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Expertise in working with in vivo models of infectious disease and/or characterizing in vivo immune responses.
- Proficiency isolating and processing tissues for cellular and molecular analyses
- Proficiency working with mammalian cell culture and propagation of viruses
- Proficiency with one or more cellular/molecular characterization techniques, such as flow cytometry, histology, RT-PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, sequencing, etc.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
Qualifications we desire:
- Experience with NGS analysis and bioinfomatics
- Experience with reverse genetic methods for manipulation of RNA virus genomes