Rochester, New York
Los Angeles or Goleta, California
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Notre Dame, Indiana
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Significant experience in analyzing complex data through the development of interpretive models.
- Significant experience in performing experiments utilizing advanced diagnostics.
- Experience leading a scientific team that incorporates experimental data into modeling and simulation tools.
- Demonstrated record for completing projects and delivering results on time and within a constrained budget.
- Ability to work with energetic materials and become a qualified explosives handler.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research environment.
Qualifications we desire
- Knowledge of shock physics and thermochemistry.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages or computing environments (MATLAB, Python, C++, etc.)*
- Familiarity with hydrodynamic simulation tools.