Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 60 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Google Quantum AI
Los Angeles or Goleta, California
University of Nebraska at Kearney
Loading... Please wait.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in one or more of these specialized fields: physics, mathematics, engineering, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert knowledge of highly advanced concepts to include experience and ability to lead independent work in one or more science disciplines, such as shock hydrodynamics, fluid mechanics, material behavior, particle transport, radiation transport, plasma physics.
- Significant experience evaluating algorithms and methods for their fitness for a particular task, as well as developing and implementing new numerical algorithms.
- Significant experience developing and supporting and/or leading multi-dimensional numerical simulation and demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills and creativity.
- Advanced programming experience/fluency in Python, FORTRAN, C and/or C++ and significant experience developing and implementing algorithms for massively-parallel computer architectures.
- Significant experience working independently and in a team-research environment effectively.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
- Significant experience at the expert level in the development of principles, theories, concepts, and techniques relevant to applied physics research and experience converting theory into models or algorithms appropriate for numerical simulation.
About Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.Livermore’s defining responsibility is ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Yet LLNL’s mission is broader than stockpile stewardship, as dangers ranging from nuclear proliferation and terrorism to energy shortages and climate change threaten national security and global stability. The Laboratory’s science and engineering are being applied to achieve breakthroughs for counterterrorism and nonproliferation, defense and intelligence, energy and environmental security.
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.
The AAPT Career Center has listings for the latest lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, and full professor teaching positions, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as a high school physics teacher, community college teacher, physics faculty member at a two or four-year college or university, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.