Los Angeles or Goleta, California
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Notre Dame, Indiana
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- M.S. Degree in atmospheric science, oceanography, earth science, physics, engineering, data science or closely related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in Linux/Unix operating systems and shell programming.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to independently write reports and exchange technical information with colleagues.
- Possession of the interpersonal skills necessary to work in a diverse, multidisciplinary research team.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience with statistical analysis, data science, uncertainty quantification, ensembles and/ machine learning.
- Experience working with ~terabyte-sized model output and observational data sets using NetCDF, HDF or similar self-describing formats.
- *Experience working with scientists in atmospheric science, oceanography, climate science, or closely related field and knowledge of fundamentals and best practices of modern software development (e.g., GitHub, Anaconda).